St. Mary's Families,
Saint Turibius of Mogrovejo, pray for us.
- More about St. Turibius:
- Mass readings from the optional commemoration of St. Turibius: http://cms.usccb.org/bible/readings/0323-memorial-toribio-mogrovejo.cfm
- No major updates for today. To answer the most common question from yesterday: How many "takes" did we shoot for the video? A total of three. The first was just bad, the second was interrupted by a child clomping down the stairs, after the third it was beginning to hurt, so we said "cut" and called it good.
- CDC guidance for schools has not changed in quite a while.
- Cases in Colorado are at or probably slightly over 600. That's a little less than 2% of the total cases in the U.S.
- What's next is to continue to enjoy spring break for a few more days!
- After spring break, be ready to jump back into school through the distance learning process you are utilizing so well until at least April 17.
How you can help.
- Okay, Sunday is over, and it's spring break. I suspect it's fairly quiet for our amazing St. Mary's students. I am encouraging those students to utilize their AMAZING technological abilities and sell some RAFFLE TICKETS (please)!
How are your students doing?
- Parents, as this semi (or complete) isolation continues, our students, even the introverts are going to want some human connection. We're going to need to be creative about those connections as it is still STRONGLY encouraged to avoid direct contact with groups. - When there are people in the same area, social distance protocol should be observed. - All the hand washing and keeping our distance seem to be working, so we need to continue to be disciplined and observe those guidelines. The worst thing we can do now is start thinking that our measures are working so well that we don't need to do them anymore. NOT TRUE. Keep up the handwashing, social distance, cough covering, etc.
- A month ago I would have never thought I'd say this, but social media (properly monitored!) can be a good outlet for our youth right now.
Parents, how are YOU doing?
- If you're doing great, that's awesome. I'd like to hear about it.
- If you're not doing so great, that's not awesome. I'd like to hear about it. Send me a note. If you want, we can schedule a time to talk on the phone. You don't have to navigate these interesting times solo.
Prayer. Please continue to pray with us and pray with our community:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
St. Mary's High School