St. Mary's Families,
Saint Oscar Romero, pray for us.
- More about St. Oscar Romero:
- Daily Mass readings: http://cms.usccb.org/bible/readings/032420.cfm
- Spring break continues!
- What you believe depends on what you read. As I've said before I'm sticking with the CDC web site (as always, linked below).
- One perspective I will occasionally share as a reminder. Current COVID-19 pandemic cases are over 400,000 with over 18,000 deaths among a world population of about 8 billion. One hundred years ago, the Spanish Flu pandemic cases were around 500,000,000 with 20,000,000 deaths (some estimates go as high as 50,000,000 deaths) to include 500,000 to 700,000 deaths in the U.S.; and all that in a world population of 1.8 billion. I am NOT (repeat, NOT) minimizing COVID-19. If anything, this shows us that we have learned much in 100 years; so keep doing the things we're doing (social distance, hand washing, isolate yourself if you are sick, etc.) to keep COVID-19 under control.
- The end of spring break is sneaking up on us. If you have students who are working hard on their video game skills into the wee hours, or who are "socializing" online well into the night, it would be a good time to start guiding them back into a school mindset and sleep schedule so they're not off balance on Monday. Good luck parents, we're all counting on you...
How you can help.
- Wait for it... Sell those raffle tickets! How do you get the ticket stubs and funds to the school? Sending them in the mail is always an option. However, if you'd rather not put them through the postal system, you may drop them off at the school. There is a mail slot at the front of the school, to the right (west) of the main doors as you face them, that goes directly into a box in the business office.
- Here is the occasional reminder to pay attention to your neighbors. Part of our evangelizing mission in the Church is to love our neighbor. Check on your neighbors (practicing good social distance). Do you have elderly neighbors who should stay out of the public? Maybe a run to the grocery store for a container of milk and perhaps the ever-elusive toilet paper and eggs would be a great act of Christian charity?
How are your students doing?
- Walks, games, puzzles, conversation, PRAYER. How is it going?
Prayer. Please continue to pray with us and pray with our community:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
St. Mary's High School