St. Mary's Families,
Saint Catherine of Genoa, pray for us.
- More about St. Catherine: https://www.franciscanmedia.org/saint-catherine-of-genoa/
- Daily Mass readings: http://cms.usccb.org/bible/readings/032620.cfm
- Well, the only thing constant is change. Day 14 of the new normal, and Day 1 of shelter in place. I'm not sure what it's like in your neighborhood, but here in ours it is very quiet.
- This morning, several of us logged into a national webinar hosted by the National Catholic Education Association. The data suggests that a great number of public schools are still working on their distance learning plans. The data also suggests that many Catholic schools (including YOUR St. Mary's High School) transitioned to a distance learning in a matter of days (in our case it was about 12 hours). One of the speakers in the webinar said, "For Catholic schools, innovation is in our DNA." I love that.
- So please keep the feedback coming as we continually adapt to bring FAITHFUL education to you and to feed the KNOWLEDGE momentum in this great COMMUNITY.
- Here's a video message for you, ***PLEASE SHARE WITH YOUR STUDENT(S).
- We're now over 1,000 cases in Colorado and there have been 19 reported deaths due to COVID-19. www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- We ride out the shelter in place while returning to LEARNING on MONDAY.
- Between now and Monday (and beyond Monday), let's all take advantage of the new and unusual quiet. Excepting those of us who grew up in rural areas, this may be the QUIETEST period of time any of us have ever experienced, or will ever experience. This is an unprecedented opportunity for our families, our school and our community to "hear" the quiet.
How you can help.
- Stay calm, wash your hands, and shelter in place...
How are your students doing?
- We may be stuck in our homes, but there's no reason to be stuck in frowny-faced boredom... Let's have a little bit of fun: SHARE THE ABOVE LINKED VIDEO WITH YOUR STUDENT(S).
- Pray, pray, and then pray some more. Speaking of prayer:
Prayer. Please continue to pray with us and pray with and for our community:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
St. Mary's High School