St. Mary's Families,
Saint Ludovico of Caseria, pray for us.
- More about St. Ludovico: www.franciscanmedia.org/saint-ludovico-of-casoria/
- Readings for the Fifth Sunday of Lent: cms.usccb.org/bible/readings/032920.cfm
- Please take a couple of minutes and watch the latest president video here:
- No major changes since yesterday. The award for the best response to my comment yesterday about South Dakota having the lowest number of reported cases goes to George Depner who wrote back to me and said, "Not even a virus wants to go to South Dakota." Although George is definitely wrong in his perception of the wonderful Rushmore State, I give him full points for humor. www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- School resumes TOMORROW! If your students haven't adjusted their schedules back into learning mode, their only choice now is to shock themselves back into the routine.
How you can help.
- VIDEOS. I have several contenders for the Dutch Bros (or Scrip) gift cards. Send those videos to me, a parent must be cc'd, no more than 60 seconds in length. The use of appropriate humor is STRONGLY encouraged.
- RAFFLE. I am getting more e-mails from students who have finished selling their 25 RAFFLE TICKETS. Students can either mail the tickets and a check (checks) for the funds to the school, or they can drop them off in the business off mail slot to the right (west) of the main school doors.
- ANNUAL FUND. Watch the mail for your ANNUAL FUND letter. Your support is more important than ever, and that support is having a BIGGER impact than ever before.
How are your students doing?
- Our students may have some ANXIETY as we jump back into distance learning. That is NORMAL. We are being very deliberate about the level of effort required. We had a five-day school week to start distance learning. Then we had a week off for spring break. This upcoming week will be a five-day week which will then be followed by two four-day weeks with a four-day weekend in between due to Good Friday and Easter Monday. Mr. Hyland and all the teachers rapidly adapted to the new normal and they are aware that our students are adapting rapidly as well. We will continue to adjust as the circumstances require.
- These are challenging times. To give us some perspective, today is National Vietnam Veterans Day. More than 58,000 Americans died in that long war, and many tens of thousands more came home with physical, mental and/or emotional injuries. These are hard times, but as a nation we have survived much worse. And historically, as a people, we have not only survived our challenges, but we have ultimately thrived because of willingness to CARRY OUR CROSSES with hope and fortitude.
Prayer. Please continue to pray with us and pray with our community:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
St. Mary's High School