St. Mary's Families,
- Welcome Back! Spring break was great, but there is learning to be accomplished!
- I had a bunch of great submissions for the president's VIDEO CONTEST: "How am I not just surviving, but thriving during shelter in place." A fair judgement will be rendered soon, winners will be announced, and social media will be abuzz with discussion of our talented videographers. THANK YOU students for your creative, humorous, and APPROPRIATE entries!
- We are aware of President Trump's extension of social distance guidelines through April 30, and we are monitoring closely what Governor Polis is saying as well. The school administration continues to prepare for all possibilities, and we will keep you informed as governmental decisions influence our plans. www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
How you can help.
- I feel like it's been maybe 24 hours since I said RAFFLE TICKETS...
- Gala! Since we're pivoting to virtual this year, your extended family and your friends can participate in the Gala from the comfort of their very own home. Right now our plan is we will have our auctioneer PISTOL PETE, our emcee JON KARROLL, and myself LIVE in the Cove (subject to change depending on how COVID-19 behaves...). We will keep it fun, interesting and short! After you register yourself (at no cost), please tell your friends and family to register (at no cost) on our new website: Register Now
How are our students doing?
- Parents, help your students stay FOCUSED. We're coming out of spring break into our second week of distance learning (second week - some days it feels like months!). Getting re-started after a "normal" spring break can be a challenge. Getting restarted after nine days of shelter in place is probably going to require some parental intervention. By the way, if you have any effective tactics for getting your students out of bed in the morning, please share them with me...
- How are YOU doing? Is shelter in place causing any FRAYED NERVES with you or those around you? If so, read today's Gospel (see the link at the top of this e-mail). It's a great story of forgiveness and trust in Jesus that also encourages us to look in the mirror and see our own faults first. No spoilers here, you know the story, but you'll need to go read it (it's short). By the way, extra credit if you read the first reading for today, I think it's one of the longest daily Mass readings of the year. It has it all: scandal & drama, heroes & slimebags, wisdom & justice.
- Wash your hands! (That's my only reminder for today - and every day...).
Prayer. Pray WITHOUT CEASING:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
St. Mary's High School