St. Mary's Families,
Saint Crescentia Hoess, pray for us.
- More about St. Crescentia: www.franciscanmedia.org/saint-crescentia-hoess/
- Daily Mass readings for Monday of Holy Week: www.usccb.org/bible/readings/040620.cfm
(In these difficult times, pay attention to this Gospel story from St. John. Mary, the sister of Lazarus, is extravagant in her generosity toward Jesus. We should emulate her in our extravagant generosity toward each other.)
- THANK YOU. The 7:45 am gathering went better than some of us anticipated. We started a little late because quite a few people were trying to join right at 7:45 am.
- JOIN EARLY. The conference will be set up no later than ***7:30 am,*** and you may join any time after that. If you join early (STRONGLY ENCOURAGED), you don't need to sit in front of the camera the entire time; just mute your microphone and be back in place by 7:45 am. If that doesn't solve the difficulties some were having, we'll look at other solutions (to include possibilities that a few of you have already suggested).
- TUESDAY 7:45 am MEETING LINK: meet.google.com/xgz-itzu-ucx
- It's a bit early to state this with certainty, but based on the data on the CDC website, the number of new cases each day MIGHT have peaked. If that is the case, then those things you're doing are working. Keep doing them. As humans we sometimes fall into the trap of believing that because something is working well we can stop doing it. Not true. Keep tasking those effective measures; specifically social distance and washing your hands.
Take a Quick Break.
- Here is the next link to a winning student submission for the "How I'm Not Just Surviving, But Thriving During Shelter In Place" contest. This winning entry is from Lisanne Cheatham, and she chose a "Full House" theme.
- Well done, Lisanne, your humorous and appropriate effort has earned you a $25 Dutch Bros gift card, or a $25 Scrip gift card of your choice. More videos to follow.
How you can help.
- DEADLINE for Raffle Ticket turn in is NOON, THURSDAY, APRIL 16. Quite a few of you are doing well and I am grateful for that. Did you know that St. Mary's High School is BY FAR the least expensive of the top 25 private high schools in Colorado? By comparison, 23 of the top 25 cost more than $21,000 per year! One of the ways we keep costs down is through things like the raffle. Your ticket sales benefit YOUR family.
Parents, Students, how are you doing?
- Parents and students, check in with each other. Based on feedback from parents and students, we implemented a significant adjustment to our academic schedule today. Change is hard, but you've navigated bigger challenges, and you've navigated bigger challenges in just the last month. Keep breathing, you're doing great. Mr. Hyland and I are VERY PROUD of our students and the way they are adjusting to this new normal.
- HOLY WEEK. Remember this is Holy Week. Every year Holy Week begins Palm Sunday and the suffering and death of Jesus in the Gospel account of the Passion narrative. A week later, eternal and infinite triumph returns with the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus on Easter Sunday. So remember: no cross, no resurrection. The same goes for us right now. Better days are ahead, but we need to go through the difficult times first.
Prayer. Please continue to pray with us and pray with our community:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
St. Mary's High School