St. Mary's Families,
Saint John Baptist de La Salle, pray for us.
- More about St. John (Patron Saint of SCHOOL TEACHERS!): www.franciscanmedia.org/saint-john-baptist-de-la-salle/
- Daily Mass readings for Tuesday of Holy Week: www.usccb.org/bible/readings/040720.cfm
- MORNING GATHERING. Day 2 of the 7:45 am gathering appeared to go smoothly, except for Larry the Cucumber and Bob the Tomato stepping on Ryan's attempt to lead us in the Pledge of Allegiance. Who knew animated vegetables could be so rude? Okay, as a 28-year Air Force veteran, I was a little disappointed by Veggie Tales drowning out our pledge. In light of that, I'm including an old, but applicable, link to a four-minute video on how to interpret the meaning of our Pledge. It's worth four minutes of your time: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HGHdFmu5GU
- GAZETTE. Did you see the story in yesterday's Gazette that mentioned St. Mary's? gazette.com/news/remote-classes-resuming-but-still-a-work-in-progress-for-pikes-peak-region-schools/article_f44a13ac-75e5-11ea-a04c-1b40edc9716b.html
- COMMUNITY OUTREACH HOURS. Read today's e-mail from Mr. Hyland. An accommodation plan has been approved. We're had a number of inquiries about this. Like everything else we're doing right now, we took some time to work on this, and we waited on the decision until we thought it made sense to commit to the change. As always, thank you for your patience while we invested the time to do this right.
- 7:45 am GOOGLE MEETS LINK for tomorrow (Wednesday): meet.google.com/idj-hoci-bwt.
- Military rules apply: On time is late, early is on time...
How you can help.
- 7 pm TONIGHT. Pray a Rosary with Bishop Sheridan on Facebook. Go to "Catholic Diocese of Colorado Springs" on Facebook.
- RAFFLE TICKETS. We have multiple families that are having a very positive response from using their SOCIAL MEDIA to give people near and far the opportunity to buy raffle tickets. Several of those families have reported they were delightfully surprised at how quickly they were able to sell all their raffle tickets, and then ask for more, and sell all those as well. Deadline for turn in: NOON, Thursday, APRIL 16
Parents, Students, how are you doing?
- STRESS. Students (parents), how is your stress level? Some are saying their stress is pretty high, some are saying manageable. Based on the most recent survey conducted by our amazing students, it appears student stress levels are coming down a bit. Let's keep being patient with each other.
- STRESS REDUCTION. None of these require a doctor's prescription... Go for a walk. Read a book. Pray a Rosary. Play a game with your family.
(NEW) Trivia Contest.
- TUESDAY TRIVIA. The first student to answer the following questions correctly will receive a $25 Dutch Bros gift card (or a $25 scrip card of their choosing):
- Out in the school's courtyard, in his left hand, Rusty is holding a staff that has a cross at the top (see the attached picture). Immediately underneath that cross is a small sign with a Latin expression. What is that expression, and what does it mean in English? The first student to e-mail the correct answers to me is the winner. You MUST copy a parent on the e-mail to be eligible to win.
Prayer. Please take 20 seconds right now and pray with our community:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
St. Mary's High School