St. Mary's Families,
Saint Casilda, pray for us.
- Readings for the Evening Mass of the Lord's Supper (Holy Thursday): cms.usccb.org/bible/readings/040920-lord-s-supper.cfm
(Jesus washes the feet of His followers. How can you figuratively wash the feet of the people you love? Show them a kindness? Speak a gentle word? Be patient with each other?)
Updates. - NO SCHOOL TOMORROW AND MONDAY (Good Friday and Easter Monday). Relax, spend time with your family, reflect on Christ's death and celebrate His Resurrection.
How you can help.
- IMPACTED FAMILIES. As mentioned during the virtual school gathering this morning, Thatcher and Sydnee Whalen lost their great-uncle, we believe due to complications from the COVID-19 coronavirus. Please keep them in prayer. If you know of any other St. Mary's families who have lost someone due to the virus, if YOU have lost someone due to the virus, please let me know so we can engage the community in prayer.
- YEARBOOK. From Mrs. Taylor: The yearbook staff is working on our Spring Insert! We would love to get pictures from students during our stay-at-home quarantine. It's easy to send pictures to Yearbook: go to www.replayit.com . Sign in for "St. Mary's High School" and follow the instructions to upload pictures. Things we'd like to see from you:
-- At home with family
-- Practicing for your sport (the more creative the better!)
-- Working on school
-- Anything fun!!
- SPECIAL THANK YOUs. Special thanks to several in our community who have helped. A shout out to Coach Cristelli's Mom who stopped by today to deliver HANDMADE altar linens for our chapel. A few months ago Mr. Kloenne, with guidance from Fr. Brian and Fr. Joe, secured for us (at no cost!) a new altar, ambo, tabernacle, processional crucifix, and a few other items. Mrs. Cristelli measured everything and sewed handmade linens for us and they are beautiful. Also, a special thanks to Deacon Rudy Gonzales who constructed the table upon which our new tabernacle sits. Deacon Rudy is a retired teacher and is currently assigned to Corpus Christi parish. Quite a few of our teachers know him and previously worked with him. We have a great and generous community,
Parents, Students, how are you doing?
- STRATEGIES. Distance learning is stressful! Wait, so was in school learning... Regardless... Last week I attached a copy of Mr. Campbell's "Strategies for Successful Distance Learning" guidance. I asked you to print it out and use it to help you navigate your distance learning experience. In the highly unlikely event that you did not save a copy of that document, you'll find it on the website by clicking link above.
- THURSDAY TRIVIA. What is the TOTAL number of state championship (only championships, not runners up, not league championships) banners currently hanging in the St. Mary's gym, and name the different sports that have won at least one state championship. (You didn't think it would be easy did you?) A $25 Dutch Bros card, or a $25 Scrip gift card of your choice goes to the FIRST complete and correct answer e-mailed to me. Include a parent on the e-mail or be disqualified!
- The Easter Season is almost here. Now more than ever, the Triduum should draw us into a deeper reflection on the Last Supper and the Passion, Death and Resurrection, Suffering and Salvation, Faith and Hope & Charity. Do not waste this opportunity to deepen your faith.
Prayer. Please continue to pray with us and pray with our community:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
St. Mary's High School