St. Mary's Families,
Saint Benedict Joseph Labre, pray for us.
- More about St. Benedict: www.franciscanmedia.org/saint-benedict-joseph-labre/
(St. Benedict Joseph Labre is the Patron Saint of the homeless. If you have a roof over your head and a place to sleep each night, count your blessings!)
- Daily Mass readings for Friday in the Octave of Easter: www.usccb.org/bible/readings/041720.cfm
- LINK for MONDAY's 7:45am Prayer, Pledge and Announcements.
- DISTANCE LEARNING. No change to the governors guidance for schools to refrain from in-person teaching until April 30. The governor has said it is highly unlikely that schools will resume in-person teaching before the end of the semester, and some public school districts are making the decision now to close for the semester. However, there is NO CHANGE for St. Mary's AS OF TODAY. If the governor changes his guidance, we have a plan for it. If we can come back in person, we'll be ready. If we have to remain in distance learning mode, we're already prepared for that (obviously!) as well.
- A reminder, consider carefully where you get your information. Everyone in the media has an opinion on everything that is happening. Opinions are tricky things. The CDC and Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment websites have data.
- No e-mail update tomorrow (Saturday). Look for a brief update e-mail this Sunday (Divine Mercy Sunday) with a link to the latest video.
How you can help.
- GALA. If you haven't registered for the Gala, it's CRUNCH TIME. Registration is easy and it's FREE (smpirates.org - click GALA, click REGISTER NOW). We can't go out, we can't shake hands, we can't gather in groups; but no one said we can't have FUN. Join us TOMORROW, April 18, 8pm-9pm. Pistol Pete the Auctioneer, student videos, fabulous items to bid on; and everything to benefit YOUR St. Mary's High School.
- GALA LIVE. You can access the Gala LIVE STREAM via the St. Mary's Facebook page, or through the school website (again, smpirates.org - click on GALA).
- Article in the Gazette about the Gala: https://gazette.com/news/major-spring-fundraising-galas-for-schools-in-colorado-springs-move-to-virtual-events/article_9351bbde-802d-11ea-89f5-77b3185098fd.html
- RAFFLE UPDATE. Thanks to all of you who sold raffle tickets! We'll give a final update on the raffle ticket sales tomorrow (Saturday) during the Gala.
Parents, Students, how are you doing?
- It's still Easter, a season of joy. Find some joy this weekend. This Sunday is Divine Mercy Sunday. Show someone some mercy (maybe show yourself some mercy!).
- Did I say GALA?
- (Repeat) If you know of an alum or a parent of a student or alum who is a medical professional working directly in the COVID-19 world, please let us know. We're working on an article for the Catholic Herald about those awesome folks.
Prayer. STOP! Give us 20 seconds of your time and pray with our community:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
St. Mary's High School