St. Mary's Families,
- MEET CODE for TOMORROW (Tuesday) Prayer, Pledge, Announcements: http://meet.google.com/pju-qmwa-eyo
- Over the last seven days, the CDC reports there have been at least 23,000 new COVID-19 cases every day in the US, with a high of almost 31,000 new cases on April 30. Stay informed and stay healthy.
- GRADUATION. Based on a handful of questions I've received today, I think some of you may not have received the daily update yesterday (Sunday). There is an outline and a brief video in that e-mail yesterday addressing how we are proceeding with graduation planning in light of hospital, county and state guidelines. If you did not receive Sunday's email, you'll find the letter and video on our website at www.smpirates.org/o/smhs/news. If things change again, we will update the community immediately.
How you can help.
- SENIORS & SENIOR PARENTS. Please send Amy Partain a picture of your senior (and your family if you can coax them into posing) with the senior class sign placed at your home today. firstname.lastname@example.org
- (***REMINDER***) JOLLY ROGER: If you did not get your individual pictures taken for the Jolly Roger year-end addition--this includes any seniors that we did not find the day we took photos, especially Campus Ministry and 2nd period TAs! Please text a photo to Brooklyn Valdez or email her to make sure that we include you!
- (***REMINDER***) YEARBOOK: Help out the yearbook staff. They are working on the Spring Insert. Send pictures ASAP. It's easy! Go to www.replayit.com . Sign in for "St. Mary's High School" and follow the instructions to upload pictures. Things we'd like to see:
-- At home with family
-- Practicing for your sports (the more creative the better!)
-- Working on school
-- Anything fun!
Parents, Students, how are you doing?
- PERSPECTIVE (yes, perspective, AGAIN...). As we continue to navigate challenging times, we can be tempted to yearn for some kind of earthly perfection in our lives. With 95 percent of the students in the world denied in-person learning, withmore than a million COVID-19 cases in the US, with almost 70,000 COVID-19 deaths in the US, we don't have to look very far to see many people working through more daunting situations than we are battling. If we're having a tough day, we should try counting our many blessings as a means to improve our outlook.
Prayer. Please continue to pray with us and pray with our community:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
St. Mary's High School