St. Mary's Families,
Saint Peter of Tarentaise, pray for us.
- More about St. Peter: www.franciscanmedia.org/saint-peter-of-tarentaise/
- Daily Mass readings: www.usccb.org/bible/readings/050820.cfm
- MEET CODE for MONDAY Prayer, Pledge, Announcements:
- FRIDAY. Seniors: ONE. MORE. DAY. Everyone else, one more week. Stay strong.
- BOOKS & LOCKERS. Check the e-mail on May 5 from Coach Malloy. Call Ms. Garrett in the front office to schedule a time from May 18-21 to return books and clean out your locker. Coach and Ms. Garrett have a safe and effective plan for you to take care of those important end of year tasks.
- GRADUATION. Our graduation plan has been submitted for county and state approval. We will keep you posted. As a refresher: If approved, graduation will take place at The Grace Center, Saturday June 13, at 10 am. Only seniors and some staff will be approved by the county and state to attend. The event will be LIVESTREAMED so families can observe. We will get the livestream link out as the date gets closer.
How you can help.
- SENIORS. We are gathering stories for posting to social media between now and graduation. What we need from you is to answer this question: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ST. MARY'S MEMORY? Please send to our Communication Director Amy Partain at: email@example.com
- SENIOR PARENTS. Please help us and gently (or not so gently!) encourage your seniors to send Amy an e-mail with their favorite St. Mary's memory.
Parents, Students, how are you doing?
- EVERYTHING WILL BE ALL RIGHT. Great and short article on Aleteia.org about, once again, perspective. Great quote from the article: "If there is no God, then the universe wasn't designed by love; it emerged from chaos. But there is a God." In other words, this seeming chaos we're experiencing is not random chaos. God has a plan. To understand that plan requires that we have faith.
- JACOB CALHOUN. The Mass of Christian Burial for Jacob, SMHS '13, will be TOMORROW, Saturday at Divine Redeemer. The family is inviting those in the community who would like to pay their respects to gather in the Divine Redeemer parking lot PRIOR TO THE FUNERAL at 10 am. Social distancing must be observed. The service will be livestreamed (link below). There will be a public service when it becomes acceptable to do so. Please keep the Calhoun family in your prayers, and please pray for the repose of the soul of Jacob. www.tsfs.co/obituaries/Jacob-Charles-Calhoun?obId=12878427#/celebrationWall
- HIKING & FRESH AIR. Get some sunshine and some fresh air. The hiking club will be heading up the Palmer Lake Reservoir Trail Tomorrow (Saturday). Social distancing is required. Bring a MASK. The hike will last approximately three hours, bring snacks, plenty of water, sunscreen, and loose-fitting layered clothing. Meet at the Palmer Lake Library parking lot at 8 am. For directions or questions, contact Mr. Kloenne. While you are hiking, it would be a great opportunity to pray for the repose of the soul of Jacob Calhoun whose Mass of Christian burial is scheduled for 10 am.
Prayer. Please continue to pray with us and pray with our community:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
St. Mary's High School