St. Mary's Families,
Everything we do at St. Mary's begins with prayer. Please pray with us:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
- "WHY DID YOU ___?" Remember, everything we do has an eye on keeping students and staff safe, and keeping the school open. If you are not sure what impact a decision we make has on keeping the school open, ask us and we'll tell you.
- A/B GROUPS AND CLASSROOM SIZE. We are getting some requests to move students from one group to the other. Our first priority is to level our classroom loading as much as possible. We have some class sections where one group has twelve or more students in the room and the same section the next day has one or two students. Again, the first priority is to balance classroom numbers to help us maintain adequate social distancing.
- PARENT SURVEY. Parents, watch your e-mail for a parent survey this FRIDAY. We intend to conduct these feedback surveys every two weeks. Please give us your feedback. As I've written before: rants are welcome, productive feedback is appreciated!
- GROUP CHANGES. The current planned date for moving students between groups is to implement starting WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 2. We will communicate changes to teachers, students and parents on MONDAY (August 31) and TUESDAY (September 1).
How You Can Help.
- TRAFFIC (repeat). Please exercise caution dropping off your student(s). Mr. B and I have seen a few near accidents in the freshman drop off area at the back of the school. We're working on a better traffic management plan there. For now, a couple of reminders:
-- DROPPING OFF FRESHMEN. Please pull as far forward and as far to the right as you can. This will improve our safety and traffic flow.
-- DROPPING OFF SOPHOMORES. Please be careful if you are going around those who are dropping off freshmen.
-- EVERYONE. Mind your speed in the parking lot. 5 MPH is the limit. How do you know you're going 5 MPH when you are diligently looking out your windshield to make sure you don't have an accident? If you feel like you are driving uncomfortably slow, you're probably in 5 MPH territory. Please, please, please, slow it down. THANK YOU!
Parents, Students, how are you doing?
- PRAYER TIME? Families, how is your family prayer time going? I'm embarrassed to admit that we've let this slip in our family. We have lots of excuses for that, none of them are very good excuses. Prayer is the most productive thing we do, please stay committed to making time for family prayer, or recommit to it.
- DOWNLOAD THE APP. Along with the new website launch last spring, we also launched a school app. If you search "St. Mary's Pirates" in the app store, you will see our mascot Rusty's stern face appear.
- TUITION REFERRAL DISCOUNT. We hear every day from students and parents who know other students and families who are dissatisfied with the hybrid or 100 percent online experience they are having in other high schools here in town. We want to talk to the those families! When that family comes to St. Mary's, you may be eligible for a tuition discount up to $2,000. Details here: www.smpirates.org/article/265847?org=SMHS
- TRENDS. Yesterday (August 25) saw the lowest number of new COVID-19 cases nationally since June 22. Case growth in Colorado is up and down, but the moving averages, which "smooth" the data and help assess real trends, are either flat or down.
Deacon Rob Rysavy