St. Mary's Families,
Prayer. Everything we do at St. Mary's begins with prayer. Please pray with us:
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
Holy Guardian Angels, pray for us!
- REMOTE UNTIL TUE, OCT. 13. If you were logged into the community video meeting last night, you heard why the school leadership team decided to extend remote instruction through Tuesday, Oct. 13. If you could not attend, you can watch the 30ish-minute meeting here.
- FORWARD WE GO. As you heard last night, Mike Biondini and Dr. Pat Mills took some time to observe the remote instruction taking place in classes this week, and they are very pleased with what they witnessed. Engaged students and energetic teachers is the most common observation. Our commitment to our mission does not change whether we are fully in school, fully online, or some mix of the two. Our mission, if you haven't reviewed it in a bit, is:
"St. Mary's High School exists to educate students in the Catholic Tradition to be responsible, moral, critical thinkers and leaders well-prepared for college and life."
How You Can Help.
- VOLUNTEERS. We're always looking for volunteers! Here are some extended and also one-time opportunities:
-- CLASSROOM MONITORS. If a teacher needs to go into a long-term remote instruction mode while the students are still in the classroom, we will need volunteers (willing to go through a background check) to provide adult supervision in the classroom. Volunteers will not have to teach or discipline, just be present. If interested, please pass your name to Mrs. Jacques (email@example.com)
-- IRRIGATION MAINTENANCE. On Columbus Day (Mon, Oct. 12), school is out, so we're going to replace most of the sprinkler heads in our academic campus irrigation system. Due to government rebates and a great deal of already volunteered labor, this project is being completed at a fraction of the cost and will serve to make our campus a more inviting place for current and future St. Mary's family members. We need some diggers to operate the basic garden spade for a couple hours starting at 8 am on Oct. 12. If you're off work because of the holiday, and you'd like to log a couple volunteer hours in the company of some fellow cheerful St. Mary's family members, come join us. Coffee, donuts, and gratitude in exchange for your effort! Contact Dr. Pat Mills (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Parents, Students, how are you doing?
- TAKE A BREATH. Please enjoy your weekend. Our amazing students have been working hard. It's going to be a glorious weekend; go for a walk, get an ice cream cone, smell some roses along the way.
- BOYS GOLF. Congratulations to Coach Joe Davis who was selected at the Tri Peaks League Golf Coach of the Year.
Deacon Rob Rysavy
St. Mary's High School