Wrapping up our Season D sports season in June resulted in a state championship for one member of the track and field team and all-conference honors for members of the girls soccer team, in addition to a play-off run by the baseball team.
Track and Field
In June, Hannah Turpin '23 didn't need her best long jump to take the state championship title in the event. After a season best jump of 18-0.25, Turpin needed only a 16-11.75 jump to become the Class 2A Girls Long Jump champion.
The rest of the track and field also performed well at the state championships, with several Top 10 finishes. Those results were as follows:
- Girls sprint meadly (Libby English, Adelle Rank, Turpin, and Payton Kutz) finished 10th.
- Boys 4x800 (Brandon Weis, Alex Bodnar, Jackson Nepple, Dylan Brush) finished 7th.
- Owen Barton took 4th in the 100m, 9th in the 200m, and 8th in the long jump.
- Turpin took 7th in the 100m, 9th in the 200m.
- Payton Kutz took 5th in the 400m.
- Jackson Neppl finished 16th in 400m and 12th in the 800m.
- Lyndon Gotelaere finished 3rd in the 3200m and 16th in the 1600.
- Dylan Brush took 4th in the 800m and 3rd in the 1600m.
Girls tennis team earned second place in regionals. Ellie Hartman '22, our Pirate No. 1 singles player, won regionals and advanced to the semifinals at the 3A state girls tennis championship.
St. Mary's girls soccer had three players named first team all-conference: Ashley Wallau, Julia Creech, and Maggie Lappe. Two of players were Honorable Mentions: Natalia Lima Avalos and Rachel Walraven.