Student Volunteers Needed for Middle School Dance
We are in need of student and parent volunteers to help with the middle school dance on Saturday, Feb. 12, from 5:30 - 8:30 pm in the Cove. A sign-up sheet can be found on the door in Mrs. Krasovec's room or email at email@example.com.
FACTS Submission Deadline is Tuesday, Feb. 15
Reminder: The deadline to apply for priority financial aid is Tuesday (Feb. 15). The application fee is currently $500 but will increase to $600 on April 16. You’ll find more information, including some clarifying points, in the News section of our website [https://www.smpirates.org/article/639956]
PPC Meets on Tuesday
The Pirate Parent Crew (our PTO) will meet on Tuesday, Feb. 15, at 6 pm in the Cove. Pizza will be provided. Come join us as we look for ways to support our students and faculty!
Reminder About Dress Code
Beginning next week, dress code enforcement will resume. So please review the dress code in the Family Handbook. The one exception to the dress code in the handbook is that sweatshirts and hoodies, acceptable designs per the guidelines in the Dress Down Day dress code, will be allowed every day. We will continue to have Dress Down Wednesdays for $1 on which students can also wear jeans.
Annual Raffle Ticket Sales Have Begun
St. Mary’s annual raffle is officially underway! Raffle tickets were distributed to students on Monday (Feb. 7). Students should have brought home a parent acknowledgement sheet for parents to sign. Parents should return the signed acknowledgement forms to the Business Office by Wednesday, Feb. 16. Learn more about the raffle in the News section of our website [https://www.smpirates.org/article/652002].
Thanks to Our Bingo Volunteers, Helpers Still Needed
MANY THANKS to the students and families who have volunteered for our bingo sessions! Volunteers boost the revenue from the games and make for a fun session. Our volunteers help sell the “pull tab” games that supplement the actual bingo games. Selling the “pull tab” games is easy and fun. The more “pull tabs” we sell, the more revenue we generate for St. Mary’s (more than six figures annually). The St. Mary’s sessions are Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Times for these sessions are listed on the Bingo Sign-up Genius, where you can schedule yourself to help. You can also navigate to the sign-up from our website under the “Give” tab. Volunteering at bingo counts as service hours for both students and parents. Please find a session or two you can support this semester.
We have started adding 2022-2023 dates to the calendar. Please check the website calendar or app calendar for updates as we move closer to the year. If you would like to add our official calendar to your Google calendar, you’ll find a link to the Google version of the calendar on the Current Pirates page of our website (smpirates.org/page/current-pirates)
Parent Volunteer(s) Needed for Front Desk
Parents, we are looking for volunteers to help out for the week of Feb 7-11 (or so) manning the Front Desk. If you can help, please email Dennis Archuleta, dean of students, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if anyone is interested in this as a full-time, year-round paid position, please send an email to Mr. Archuleta.
Guarantee You Get Your Yearbook, Order NOW
- Senior recognition ads should be placed by March 18. You can create your ad on the Jostens website. If you have questions, please contact Ms. Partain, yearbook adviser, at email@example.com.
- To guarantee that you receive a yearbook, you must order by the end of February. Yearbooks can be purchased either online through Jostens or at the SMHS Business Office.
- Pirate Theater will present a variety show at 7 pm on both Feb. 17 and Feb.18 in the Cove. Tickets will be $5 for students and senior citizens and $7 for adults. Watch us dance and sing and show our talent!
- College Information Night for parents of juniors is Feb. 16 from 6-7 p.m. in the Cove.
- The Pirate Theater will perform “Arsenic and Old Lace” on April 7, 8 and 9 at 7 pm in the Cove. Tickets will be $5 for students and senior citizens and $7 for adults.
- St. Mary’s Annual Gala will be on April 23, 2022. If you would like to help, please contact Ramon Falt at firstname.lastname@example.org