St. Mary's Families,
Prayer. Everything we do at St. Mary's begins with prayer. Please keep praying with us!
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy, hear and answer me.
- STUDENT GROUP CHANGES.
-- A total of eight (8) students will be moving to a different group. Those students will be notified tomorrow (Friday).
-- Across the two groups, there will be less than 10 individual class sections that will need to move to a different (larger) classroom.
-- Some students had some changes made to the order of their classes.
-- All independent study students are now assigned to a specific study hall during their independent study time.
-- My thanks to Robyn Cross, Dr. Pat Mills, Mike Biondini and Mary Anne Aragon for their effort on this health and safety project. And a special thank you to students and teachers for your patience and support!
- REMOTE INSTRUCTION. Our academic department heads continue to meet daily to discuss how we deliver instruction, particularly remote instruction, in an education world that is experiencing tremendous change. As we saw last spring, our students are adapting very rapidly. Thank you again for the responses to the parent survey as that feedback is illuminating our discussions.
- NOTIFICATION TEST. We will conduct a test of our notification system on MONDAY (Labor Day). Expect to see calls, texts and e-mails from St. Mary's that day as we test our notification system at 3 pm. If you don't receive a call, text, and email on Monday, Sept. 7, please email your contact information to Amy Partain, director of Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TOMORROW (FRIDAY). We will kick off our community day with Fr. Dygert celebrating Mass at 8 am at The Grace Center. Please plan to arrive by ***7:45 am***. After Mass, we are looking forward to having some safe fun (outdoors, masks, social distance, etc.). Thank you to Mr. Champion and the Student Senate for putting this together. We will wrap up activities around 11 am.
Parents, Students, how are you doing?
- PARENTS. Parents, TALK to your students ALL THE TIME. One of the pieces of feedback from our teachers is that it is tough to get a "read" on students when they have masks on all day. Our mask-wearing world is losing a lot of important non-verbal feedback because facial expressions are largely hidden behind those masks. It is more critical than ever before for parents to stay connected with their children. If you think your kiddo is struggling with something, let us know!
- DAILY ONLINE HEALTH SURVEY. Starting TUESDAY, Sept. 8, everyone entering the campus needs to complete the online health survey. It takes 30 seconds. The link to the survey on the website is here: www.smpirates.org/o/smhs/page/online-health-survey The survey is also available on the St. Mary's app. It is the very first item in the app menu. If you haven't downloaded the app, you'll find it in the app store by searching St. Mary's Pirates.
- GROUP SCHEDULE NEXT WEEK. We are off on Monday for Labor Day. Group B has in-person class Tuesday and Thursday, Group A will be in-person Wednesday and FRIDAY (Sept. 11). - PARKING LOT. Watch your speed as you navigate the parking lot. Please keep your eyes open and out of the car. We have a lot of vehicles and students moving around at the start and end of the day. Please watch your speed.
Daily Mass readings and Saints of the Day.
Today is the Memorial of Saint Gregory the Great, Pope, Doctor of the Church, and Patron Saint of ***TEACHERS*** Saint Gregory the Great, PRAY FOR US.
Deacon Rob Rysavy
St. Mary's High School