Our Mission at St. Mary’s High School
A Catholic, College-Prep Family Since 1885
St. Mary’s High School exists to educate students in the Catholic tradition to be responsible, moral, critical thinkers and leaders well prepared for college and life.
- Integrating our Catholic faith into all aspects of our students’ education is the single-most important reason St. Mary’s High School exists.
- St. Mary’s is the best overall high school experience in the United States.
- School curriculum should challenge every student, supporting those who struggle while challenging those who excel.
- Every faculty and staff member, every parent, every coach, and every adult volunteer is responsible for teaching the Gospel message through their actions.
- Fine Arts, Athletics, and other co-curricular opportunities should be available to all students, helping build disciplined work habits and serving students’ entire development – MIND, BODY, & SOUL.
- Service to the community, especially to the poor, is life-changing for the recipients and our students.
- Teachers and parents should communicate often about grades, student activities, and behavior.
- Parents should participate in school life, through volunteering and attendance at school activities.
- Graduates of St. Mary’s are equipped to radically change our world for the better!